Saturday, November 13, 2010

Office, Kitchen and Back Yard

Three areas, one update. First is the office. Finally after 2 1/2 years I've figured out a decent layout for the office.





It's kind of sad that it took so long, but at the same time it's great to finally have an office that I'm not embarrassed of. It's very minimal, and the only thing I can think of that would add anything would be a low bookshelf in the corner across from the desk; something maybe 3 feet high maybe.

Next the outdoors... a truckload of mulch came late Thursday afternoon that I got to move out to the back yard. Anyway this is what 10 cubic yards of mulch looks like. What you can't see is that it's about a car length from front to back. It took about 4 1/2hours to get it all back there. Needless to say I was tired the next day. Right now it's in smaller piles in the back yard waiting to be spread around where it belongs.



And the kitchen... the granite is in, everything is plumbed in and the backsplash is nearly up. It would be all the way up, but I didn't order enough. Hopefully it won't take long for another two sheets of the stuff to get here. Here's how it's coming out. This is all that's left to do in the kitchen so we're really close to the before / after post.







Tomorrow I'm going to work on the back yard and get back to work indoors on cleaning things up after it's dark out. We're nearly done with everything and it's been a long time working on all of this, but it'll all pay off soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your home office is super cool and as well the kitchen. I specially liked the marble in the kitchen.Nice post.Why don't you check out for some contents insurace and home insurance quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a good idea, but I have that through my homeowners insurance already.

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page